A:It's very nice of you to invite me.
你真是太好了,请我来做客。
[图片0]
B:I'm very glad you could come, Mr. Liu. Will you take a seat at the head of the table? It's an informal dinner, please don't stand on ceremony... Mr. Liu, would you like to have some chicken?
刘先生,您能来我很高兴,请上坐。这是一次家常便饭,请大家别客气。刘先生,要吃点鸡肉吗?
A:Thank you. This is my first time to come to a Chinese restaurant. Could you tell me the different features of Chinese food?
谳谢,这是我第一次来中餐馆,请给我讲讲中国菜的不同特色好吗?
B:Generally speaking, Cantonese food is a bit light; Shanghai food is rather oily; and Hunan dishes are very spicy, having a strong and hot taste.
一般来讲,广东菜清淡一些;上海菜比较油腻:湖南菜香味浓,辣味很重。
A:Chinese dishes are exquisitely prepared, delicious, and very palatable. They are very good in colour,flavour,and taste.
中国菜做得很精细,色、香、味俱全。
B:Mr. liu, would you care for another helping?
刘先生,再来一点吧?
A:No more, thank you. I'm quite full.
不啦,谢谢。我已经够饱了。
B:Did you enjoy the meal?
您吃得怎么样?
A:It's the most delicious dinner I've had for a long time. It's such a rich dinner.
好久没有吃过这样美味的饭莱了。这顿饭莱太丰盛了。
B:I'm so glad you like it.
你能喜欢,我不胜荣幸。
A:Thank you very much for your hospitality.
谢谢你的盛情款待。
2英语口语场景对话
A:My dear, what's for supper?
亲爱的,晚饭做什么吃?
B:Red cooked carp and rape with fresh mushrooms.
红烧鲤鱼和鲜蘑油菜。
A:What about soup?
做什么汤?
B:Sour-peppery soup.
酸辣汤。
A:Which condiment do you use for?
你要用什么调料?
B:I'll use ginger, garlic scallion, hot pepper and vinegar.
我要用姜、蒜、葱、辣椒和醋。
A:Very good, need I help you?
很好,要我帮忙吗?
B:No, don't need, I can do myself.
不,不需要,我一个人就行了。
A:Thanks. I can watch TV now.
谢谢,现在我可以看电视了。
B:But you must cook that dinner next time.
不过,下次你得做正餐。
A:Okay, I'll do it next time.
好的,下次我一定做。
3英语六级口语场景练习题
请问还有职位空缺吗?
Are there any vacancies?
这个职位还空着吗?
Is it still vacant?
你们有哪些职位空缺?
What kind of vacancies do you have?
我在外面招工牌上看到要招一名水管工,招到了吗?
[图片1]
I saw a vacancy board outside for a plumber. Has the vacancy been filled?
我想找个工作,这儿有吗?
I’m looking for a job. Is it possible to find one here?
我想知道你们是否有会计的工作。
I’d like to know if you have got any job for an accountant.
你们是否有兼职口译员的工作?
Do you have any job for a part-time interpreter?
你们公司有打字员空缺吗?
Have you any vacancies for a typist in your firm?
我今天在报纸上看到你们招聘销售经理的广告。我想问一下这个职位现在还空着吗?
I’m enquiring about your advertisement for a sales manager in today’s newspaper. Is this position still open?
我还能申请这个空缺的职位吗?
Can I still apply for the open position?
4年龄身高和体重话题练习
你多大了?
how old are you? *在美国,出于礼貌是不问别人的年龄、体重和身高的。除非是自己比较熟悉的人,最好回避提这些问题。
i'm not old enough to drive. (我还不到开车的年龄。)
how old are you? (你多大了?)
i can't drink alcohol yet. (我还不能喝酒。)
how old are you? (你多大了?)
may i ask how old you are? (我可以问您的年龄吗?)
may i ask your age? (我可以问您的年龄吗?) *比较礼貌的说法。
我48岁。
i'm forty-eight.
你的体重是多少?
how much do you weigh?
what's your weight?
75公斤左右。
about seventy-five kilograms. *美国不用公制单位,而用pound磅(1磅大约453克,复数是pounds)。
我重164磅。
i weigh a-hundred-sixty-four pounds.
i weigh 164 ibs. *ibs.读为pounds。
你有多高?
how tall are you?
what's your height?
1米80左右。
about one-hundred-eighty centimeters. *美国不用公制单位,而用foot英尺计算(1英尺大约30厘米,复数是feet;1英大约是厘米,复数是inches)。
我身高5英尺3寸。
i'm five feet three inches tall.
i'm 5′3″ tall.
i'm five three. *口语中常用这种省略说法。