a disappointment!真让人失望!
What a disappointment!That's too bad./What a letdown!
I'm disappointed with it./This is disappointing.
a pity!太遗憾了!
What a pity!/What a shame!/What a bummer!/Bummer!
口语中用来表示事情的进展不像自己所想象的那样。
Too bad!/That's too bad!
短对话
A:What a shame!多倒霉!
B:Isn't it though?就是呀!太糟糕了。
was a waste of effort.白费力了。
It was a waste of effort.
waste浪费,白搭;effort表示努力,费尽力气。
It was a waste of my effort./My effort was wasted.
All my effort went down the drain.
短对话
A:Did you find him?你找到他了吗?
B:No, he led me on a wild-goose chase.没有,白费了半天劲。
[图片0]
that for nothing.前功尽弃。
All that for nothing.
事情进展得不那么顺利时,表示“我费了那么大的劲儿,我做出了那么多的努力”。
It was all a waste. It was all for nothing.
let me down称真让我失望。
You let me down./You disappointed me.
短对话
A:I'm sorry I didnt come to your wedding.对不起,我没能出席你的婚礼。
B:Yeah, you let me down.是啊,你让我失望。
blew it.我真失策。
I blew it.
常用理语,表示“失败”“失策”“干了一件蠢事”。
I screwed up./I messed up./It's my entire fault.
短对话
A:I blew it. I lost the custome。我真失策,失去了那个客户。
B:Make sure it doesn't happen again.再也不要发生这样的事了.